Monday, May 28, 2012

Rain, rain go away

This week was really rainy here in New York, which made it hard to get out to take pictures. It looks like the rain is subsiding now so hopefully I can look forward to some sunnier days this summer.

Monday: Max Cafe
Max cafe is a great, European-Style cafe just down the street from us. I love to hang out all day there drinking coffee and reading.









Tuesday: YMCA blues
I joined the YMCA here for the summer (they have a great pool that is open all day!). Unfortunately, there was a problem with the machine that prints out IDs. It ran out of all the colors except for blue! So my ID features a special monochrome rendition of me.






Wednesday: Appletree Market
Appletree is the corner grocery store in our neighborhood. There is barely a day that goes by that I don't run to Appletree for something. It is so nice to have a 24HR grocery store only a block away.







Thursday: Rain
On Thursday I got restless and tired of being stuck inside so I ventured out to take some pictures of the rain. It seems like everywhere I went there were puddles and flooding streets this week.







Friday: More rain
Just more rain. I couldn't stay out long to take pictures because it started down pouring. Yikes!










Saturday: First day back at the pool!
I am so excited to be back at my old job as pool manager this summer. Saturday was my first day back on the job and it was really great to see everyone from last year back at the pool.








Sunday: Wet feet cause colds
After all this cold and dreary weather we've been having I guess it is no surprise that I'm nursing a cold. Fortunately I have Sunday and Monday off from work. Lots of water and cough drops are on the bill for today's activities.







I hope everyone is having a great Memorial day, remembering those who have served, getting out to the pool, and having some good barbecue! See y'all next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment