Monday, May 7, 2012

Transitioning to New York and Beyond

Hello everyone! This week was exciting and quite eventful. After two days in the city, Rich and I took a trip to another wonderful East Coast metropolis, Philadelphia. After a day in Philly we headed off to visit Rich's family in New Jersey and to relax a bit.

Monday: My life in a closet
Since I am subletting my apartment over the summer, I try to pack all of my personal things into my closet. This is what my life looks like when it is shoved into a closet .















Tuesday: Megabus ride
Tuesday I officially departed for New York. The bus trip is extremely cheap (usually between $1-$60), but you definitely get what you pay for. It takes at least 11 hours to get from Toronto to New York and usually the service leaves something to be desired. I have some pretty gruesome stories from the many trips I've taken, but I'll leave that for another time.


Wednesday: Candle Cafe
To celebrate the end of the semester Rich and I went out to one of my new favorite restaurants, Candle Cafe. Candle Cafe is a vegan restaurant, but if it weren't for the tofu-laden dishes on the menu, you'd never know. We had an exquisite carrot cake for dessert that night. It was probably one of the best pieces of carrot cake I've ever tasted!


Thursday: Butler Hall
The facade of Rich's apartment building. He has a doorman and everything! (Very fancy.)








Friday: Philadelphia
This is a photo of Old City in Philadelphia. We'd love to live here some day... if we win the lottery.

We spent the day in Philly walking around Old City, South Street,  the Rittenhouse area, and the Philadelphia Museum of Art.







Saturday: Make way for ducklings!
Canadian geese and their new ducklings at Colonial Lake near Rich's childhood home in New Jersey.







Sunday: Small World Coffee
Yes... another coffee shop.... Small World Coffee is in Princeton, NJ, and it is one of the best coffee shops in North America, in my opinion. Rich and I spent the afternoon here reading (The Hunger Games) and relaxing.





That is all for now! Next time I write, I'll be writing from Austin, TX!

No comments:

Post a Comment