Sunday, May 13, 2012

New York and Arrival in Austin

Hi everyone! I'm writing from Austin tonight! I arrived in the afternoon yesterday and I've been having a great time hanging out with the family.

Monday: Spring flowers
I've been so excited to see all the flowers blooming around the city. These pretty pansies were flowering in Morningside park right next to Rich's apartment.









Tuesday: Metro theatre
I found out on Tuesday that this theatre on the Upper West Side is going to be converted to a New York version of one of my favorite Austin movie theatres, The Alamo Drafthouse. I'm happy that this great space won't be sitting vacant any more and a little piece of Austin will be coming to New York!






Wednesday: St. John the Divine 
St. John the Divine is an Episcopal cathedral that is about 10 blocks away from us in New York. They have a large (and quite grotesque) sculpture in their garden that features a large assortment of animals, demons, and angels. It is quite an extravagant piece of art.





Thursday: Alma Mater under construction
May is graduation season. Columbia's entire central campus is transformed for graduation events and the week leading up to graduation the campus looks like a construction zone as they prepare for the ceremonies.







Friday: Stationary shop/ North view of Harlem 
The view from Columbia down Amsterdam Avenue looks onto Harlem. This stationary shop is on the corner on the way to the apartment. I always love seeing the lights at night overlooking Harlem below.







Saturday: Arrival in Austin
Robert made these tasty cupcakes this week. He even made the fondant flowers from scratch!










Sunday: Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day mom!











I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. I'll be taking it easy here in Austin for the rest of this week and then it is back to New York for the start of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment