Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring is in the Air!

Spring is in the air in Toronto! We've had unseasonably warm weather between 16 and 21C (60-70F). I am extremely thankful for this nice weather. It is a reminder that summer will be here soon and hopefully a little bit of a break.





Monday: Swimming
I am trying to get my swimming in during the mornings now so I don't get caught up during the day and miss getting to the pool. This picture is of my pull buoy, paddles, and water bottle, all essential pieces of swim equipment.







Tuesday: Hart House from Queens Park
This is a view of one of my favorite places, Hart House from the adjacent Queen's Park. Most week days I walk through Queen's Park to get to the library or to work. It is a quaint little park right in the center of UofT's campus.













Wednesday: Course Reader 
On Wednesdays I have class in the mornings. The photo to the left is a photo of the course reader for the class. It covers most of the articles that we read for the course this year but doesn't include the dozen or so books that we read in addition. We are almost through it all!





Thursday: Tea Cookies
One of my many TA duties this year is acting as "hostess" to the weekly Russian Language Table at the department. In essence this means I am the official "snack-getter." I never thought such a thing would be on my list of jobs as a TA, but there are definitely worse jobs!














Friday: Spring Flowers
These little flowers are the first to pop out this spring! I was so excited to see them!
















Saturday: St.Patrick's day
Saturday I spent with my friends from work at the theatre. It was our friend's birthday as well as St. Patrick's day. (Notice I'm wearing the requisite green.) Toronto really gets into St.Patrick's day. There were celebrations happening all week!









Sunday: Star Lantern
I didn't take any excursions this weekend. I've been trying to rest and prepare for yet another crazy week ahead. So, I thought I'd show you just a little bit in my apartment. This lantern is hanging in my apartment and it is one of my favorite things. I bought it at a market in downtown Portland a couple years ago and it has been hanging here ever since.



I hope everyone has a great week! I'm looking forward to next weekend when Rich will come to visit and we have some adventures planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment