Sunday, March 11, 2012

A hectic week

Well this week was a hectic week! I spent the week trying to find someone to sub-let my apartment for the summer and helping out at my department's annual conference. On top of my regular course work and LOTS of marking (grading) for the classes I teach/TA for, it was crazy. However, I got through it and I'm taking Sunday as a real day of rest before it all starts up again tomorrow.



                                                                                   Monday: Pizza Pizza 
One of the Canadian pizza places here in Toronto. Notice how they sneak the maple leaf into their logo!

Tuesday: Cafe De Flore
Some of my friends and I have been going to 5-dollar movies on Tuesday night. This week we saw Cafe de Flore,  a romantic movie with a surrealist spin. It was a really thought-provoking and visually engaging movie.

Wednesday: Tim Horton's Coffee
For those of you acquainted with the cult of Dunkin' Donuts on the East Coast, Tim Horton's is the analogous coffee/doughnut place here in Canada. Every spring they have a "Rrroll up the Rim" giveaway. Once you finish your coffee, you roll up the rim of the cup to see if you've won one of the prizes!



Thursday: CN Tower from the library
I popped into the library at Hart House (where I work) to get some reading done. The library has a great view of the iconic CN tower, especially at night when it is lit up.


Friday: Welcome table at the Comparative Literature Conference
This week at the conference I helped man the welcome/registration table and I moderated a panel titled "Ambiguous Absences."


Saturday: Closing Night of Night of the Iguana
Saturday night was the last night for Night of the Iguana at the Hart House Theatre. Always on closing night there is a cast party, to which the cast, crew, and front of house staff (that's me!) are invited. The picture to the left is of one of the other ushers, Amartya and our House Manager, Chris at the party.



Sunday: Kensington Market 
Today I went to a local market to buy fruit and other groceries for the week. Kensington Market is a very colorful place especially on nice weekends like this one. There are all sorts of interesting buskers (street performers) out like the gentleman in the picture. It is definitely a great atmosphere to do your grocery shopping in!


That's all for now. I hope you all have a great week and I'll be back next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment