Sunday, March 4, 2012

A picture is worth a thousand words

Hello everyone! I know it has been a while again since I've posted. I've been trying to think of ways to make consistent posting a little easier for me. Since I have to spend so much time writing for school it is really difficult to sit down on a regular basis and write here too especially after a long week. I was thinking and thinking and thinking and I simply could not figure out how to fix the problem. But then I had a EUREKA! moment... Recently I was inspired by some friends' "Photo-a-Day" project I saw on Facebook and it occurred to me this could be the answer! I decided to start my own "Photo-a-Day" project. The way the "Photo-a-Day" project works is each day I take a photo of anything I want. Then at the end of each week I'll be posting 7 photos here, one for each day. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. The way I figure it, 7 pictures will be worth 7 thousand words and make up for the lack of writing!

Starting this project this week has been really fun for me. It has inspired me to get out and go places a bit more. It is also nice to document some of the little parts of Toronto that I see every day. I am by no means a photographer, but it is also great for me to work with my camera a bit and learn to use it a little better in the process. I hope you enjoy this new format!

Monday: Ballet slippers 











I have ballet class every Monday. It is one of my favorite parts of the week!

Tuesday: Bulldog Latte and blueberry scone











Toronto has a great coffee house culture and amazing indie coffee shops sprinkled all over the city. This is one of my favorites, Bulldog Espresso Bar!

Wednesday: Morning snow











Although March is the first month of spring, we're still getting regular flurries here. No snow on the ground though.

Thursday: Ho's Team Barber



















This may seem random, but Ho's Team is a barber shop in my neighborhood that has 3 locations within the span of two blocks (why? I don't know). Rich and I always laugh at the slogan on the sign: "Specializing in barber hairstylist."

Friday: The Night of the Iguana opening night



















Friday night I had work at the theatre. It was opening night for Tennessee Williams' The Night of the Iguana. It is really good and I can't wait to see it again!

Saturday: Grocery shopping at No Frills











Saturday I braved the crowds at my local, cheap grocery store, No Frills. Because they have such good sales, No Frills is only a little better than Target on Black Friday. People just go crazy over toilet paper on super sale!

Sunday: Public sculpture











This is in a secret place that I'm taking Rich to when he comes to visit at the end of the month. I don't want to give away what it is so you'll have to wait too! Need less to say, it is a very cool part of Toronto that I've been meaning to check out since I got here.

Well that is all for now. I hope you enjoyed this "new and improved" format and I'll be back at the end of next week!

Just a note: If you click on any of the pictures you can view them in a larger format in a slideshow!

No comments:

Post a Comment