Monday, July 29, 2013

Cooling off

This week was a much nicer week with temperatures in the 80s and some days even in the low 70s! We're already at the end of July, but there are still two more months left of pool time. The pool I'm working at this summer will be open until the end of September.

Right across from the hotel pool another hotel
is being built. It seems like it is rising a floor
almost every week. Soon it will be much taller
than us.

This isn't the clearest photo, but Tony
had commented a couple weeks ago
that my picture of Columbus Circle
in the morning didn't look as quiet 
as I had suggested. This is what it really
looks like at 6am. No people,
no cars! 

 My good friend from Toronto, Chris
is traveling across Canada and the U.S
this summer. She has been sending us 
unique postcards from along the way!

On Thursday this week a television
network hosted a party at the pool.
They decorated everything in yellow
and threw these beach balls in the water.

The stacks at the Columbia library
always look like a set for a horror film. 
There must be ghosts here...

The lobby of the hotel I work at is 
very modern and sleek. This abstract
"sculpture" is behind the front desk
area. I see it every morning when
I come in for work. 

I hope you all are enjoying some cooler weather wherever you are. If not, I hope there has been lots of pool time and ice cream! See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment