Sunday, April 22, 2012

Paper Writing Week

The end-of-semester crunch continued this week as I began writing my final term paper of my graduate career. I have some good news this week: I found the elusive third member of my committee! Now that I have a full committee member I can move forward with writing my dissertation proposal this summer.

Monday: Cheburashka 
Cheburashka is a Russian cartoon character from Soviet Russia. Cheburashka has a bit of a cult following now and you'd be hard pressed to find a Russian who has not seen the cartoons at some point. A student gave me this little stuffed Cheburashka at the end of the semester this year.














Tuesday: Kapow! Red Rocket Coffee
Artwork in Red Rocket Coffee. Red Rocket is another one of Toronto's great independent coffee shops and is conveniently right next door to me. I tend to frequent Red Rocket at the end of the semesters when I'm hard pressed for time and energy.




Wednesday: Working at Second Cup
When I'm lacking motivation I head over to the local Second Cup. Second Cup is a Canadian coffee chain and while their coffee isn't as tasty as Red Rocket's, they have much more space to spread out and get work done.





Thursday: I went to Canada and saw a moose! 
In my almost 3 years here in Canada I have yet to see a moose (probably since I live in the city?), except for this statue, which lives next to the central campus library.















Friday: Latte Art
I see a trend emerging here... It seems I've spent a lot of time in coffee shops this week. Latte art is all the rage now with coffee, but I do have to say Toronto coffee shops have some of the most creative designs I've seen.














Saturday: The Hunger Games movie
I don't often go to the movies, but I'm trying to find some good ways to relax while getting through the last bit of work for the semester. I picked up The Hunger Games book as some light reading and I got hooked right away! After I finished the book I went to see the movie.




Sunday: Disastrous desk
This is basically what my desk looks like when I'm writing papers. It seems my (usually tidy) desk and apartment are never messier than when I'm writing term papers.






That's all for this week. Hopefully next time I write I'll have gotten through most of my work and I'll be going through my last preparations to leave for New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment