Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter! / End of the Semester

Happy Easter everyone! This week was the last week of classes for the University of Toronto. Now I only have a term paper, some marking, and the assembling of my dissertation committee in my way until summer. I can't wait!
                                                                                 
                                                                                 Monday: "Take what you need"
Usually the bulletin boards around campus are full of fliers begging students to come to events or to hire tutoring services. I was intrigued by this little flier that was offering to "give" something rather than taking.




Tuesday: Bookshelf
This is the bookshelf in my room. Unfortunately, it isn't big enough to fit all my books. A good number of them are in a box in my closet. Someday I'm going to need a pretty large bookshelf to hold all these books I'm collecting!














                                                                                             
Wednesday: Last day of teaching
This is a picture of the class room that I taught Russian in this year. I was sad to be finished with teaching for the year, but also glad to be relieved from the constant work of grading homework and lesson planning.





Thursday: Subway sign
All Toronto subway stations have this sign or some equivalent of this sign outside.








Friday: Reading in the Hart House Library
I've found that if I get to the Hart House Library very early (between 8:30-9:00am) when most undergrads are not awake yet, I can snag the great window seat. This Friday I got a window seat and I was treated to the carillon (bell tower) playing next door to me.




Saturday: St. Lawrence Market
This Saturday I rushed through the masses at St. Lawrence Market to get some fresh, local produce and meat for the week. National Geographic just ranked St. Lawrence Market the world's best food market (see article here).





Sunday: Easter Sunday
This morning I went to Quaker meeting. Easter service is the same as all Quaker meetings: peaceful and silent. It was a great way to celebrate the start of a new season!






I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and is enjoying the blossoming of spring as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment