Friday, September 4, 2009

Fast food: Pizza Pizza

A few items of business before I begin. If you would like to have an e-mail sent to you when I update here please leave me a message with your e-mail. Also, I have set up this account so you can comment without having a blogger account yourself. Please remember if you comment to sign your name so I know who you are! Thank you!

Yesterday, after a long day of unpacking and after running around town trying to drop off the U-Haul (I think both Rich and I have sworn that company off for good) we decided to indulge in some local pizza. So we headed to a pizza place called "Pizza Pizza." We had a while to wait for the pizza, and since there was not much else to do during the wait, I surveyed the Canadian fast food terrain. A few things that struck me while sitting in the neon, polished up restaurant:

  • On the wall there hung a poster with a cartoon of a half-naked woman water skiing with some sort of slogan in French scrawled across it.
  • You could buy dipping sauce for your pizza! Flavors like ranch, honey mustard, and thai sauces were just a few of the options available.
  • And the most shocking of all... they sold pizza value meals which all came with your choice of a slice of pizza, a drink, dipping sauce, and FRENCH FRIES!
The french fries- pizza combination is shocking perhaps because it is Canada where I expect everything to be relatively healthy and clean. If this same thing were to occur in the States I'd just shake my head and think, what a shame this country's eating habits are. I suppose this is the first of many new cultural "enlightenments."

Thats all for now! Back to unpacking..

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina,
    Thanks for taking my suggestion. What fun; to read about another of your international experiences. It doesn't sound as exotic as Russia, but it certainly is a foreign country and you'll have many interesting insights to share, I am sure. We are flying off to Oregon for the week-end to cool off. We are still in the high 90's with no end in sight.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you put up a link to your Russia blog? I sent this link to Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, and some may not have visited your Russia blog. That was soooo interesting to read, they may have fun reading it a bit.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete