Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Canada IS a foreign country

I am writing here mostly at the suggestion of my mom. I have up until now kept a blog for every one of my "international adventures" but I always thought to myself, who really considers Canada an foreign country? I laughed when I was first sent information about being an international student and thought it was quite funny when I was introduced as the new student "all the way from the United States" to the Comp Lit department. What I have found out over the course of this month, however, is that I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Canada is not an extension of the US by any means. Even in a logistical, cell-phone-ing, banking, moving-to-another-place aspect Canada is posing the exact same challenges you would expect when moving to England, Australia, South Africa... wherever. After coming to this realization (with the help of mom) I have decided to occasionally blog here about my adventure in this not-so-obviously foreign country.

I'll mostly be including little stories, lists, and perhaps a few pictures here and there. I won't be writing here on a daily basis but perhaps more on a weekly or biweekly schedule depending on how busy I get with school and life in general. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment